Monday, May 27, 2013

Food Combinations 052713

This is the weekly food combinations segment for our blog. Every week I will reveal one combination that I find tasty. It is a combination that is delicious by itself as a snack but will also make a recipe one of your favorites. This segment is now on Mondays.

The combination this week is potatoes and gravy. This is a food joining that I didn't start to appreciate until I entered my late teens. As a child I didn't like the look or taste of gravy and opted for potatoes and butter only. At some point I gave it a try and it has been one of my favorites ever since. It is definitely a Thanksgiving staple and is enjoyed through out the year too. There is no such thing as too much gravy for the potatoes to bath in. Gravy is one of those enhancers that raises the normally bland potato to new levels.

One twist on this combination is to try the two in Mashed Potato and Gravy Soup. One recipe for this can be found at cooks.com:

Mashed Potato and Gravy Soup


No comments:

Post a Comment